My Mom, My Inspiration, My Hero


Mother's Day has passed but this isn't just about celebrating my mom only on that day. It's about the respect and honor I have for her everyday. I love my mom and I'm going to share with you who she is and what she means to me all the days of the year.

I'm getting older which translates to, in a scary way, that she is too. It's not often enough I let her know she was, and is, the most solid foundation upon which my life was built. She gave to me all the things she knew I needed to live my life with proper values, good morals, and integrity. She also allowed me freedom to make my own choices and either reap the rewards or suffer the consequences. And she loved me through both the joyful or sorrowful results. I've never doubted that. She is the only person I have ever fully trusted; she made me feel safe to do so.

I wanted to be a veterinarian, or maybe it was a nurse or a teacher, when I grew up. Well, I am grown up now and I've realized all I ever really wanted was to be a mom - one like my mom is to me.

I pray I can be that safe place for my own children. I love them without conditions and  there are no boundaries to put limits on my devotion or dedication. I want to live with no regrets that will haunt me, to feel no emptiness, and to know I had given all so my spirit is filled with peace.

If I am only half of the example my mother has been, to have but half of the influence on my children as she has had on hers, then I will know, and feel satisfied, I am completely whole.

(I made the choice to include a photo of my mom. I'm sure I'll suffer the consequences when she sees that I've done so ❤️).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Letter to Saint Nicholas - 2023

My Letter to St. Nicholas 2020

My Letter to St. Nicholas - 2022